Well its been a long time since you heard from me *lol*. I like Ange(Andrea) have been very busy with many things. I usually leave home for a couple of weeks during the Christmas holiday’s and am thus far away from my stamp room. The lead-up to leaving was full of packing, laundry, shopping for presents and all sorts of similar stuff. Once I got to Ottawa to visit our parents, things kinda went downhill. Between gastrointestinal flu running through the kids and being in the hospital with my son who got dehydrated as a result, my Christmas was a bust. Then came the call from Ange about our Grandmother. So now I am finally here and ready to start sharing with you. This is the first card that I have ‘stamped’ in what feels like forever. It was so nice to get away from the Christmas colors and move into the soft romantic colors of Valentine’s.
All supplies are Stampin’Up
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Handsome Hunter, Riding Hood Red and Regal Rose Classic Ink
Paper: Candy Lane DP, Whisper White textured CS, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, & Riding Hood Red CS
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, 1/16″ hole punch, rhinestone brads, Birds with Leaves and Flowers die, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Filigree brads, Heart to Heart punch, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamond glitter
- On your Pink Pirouette CS, stamp the flourishes from Baroque Motifs with Chocolate Chip Ink. Sponge the edges with Riding Hood Red and Regal Rose to create a soft edge.
- On the DP strip stamp the word CHERISH from Baroque Motifs and sponge the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
- On your DP mat, punch the scallop border on one side, and then place the holes with the hole punch on each scallop
- Using your Birds and Leaves die, cut the bird out twice in Close to Cocoa, the flower out once with a scrap of textured whisper white, and two leaves out of scraps of Old Olive. Sponge birds with Chocolate Chip, flower with Regal rose and touch of Riding Hood Red, and Hunter Green.
- The first bird was then cut apart and the two wings, beak and strips of the tail were then adhered to the second bird with a mix of stampin dimensionals and glue to add a little lift to the bird.
- Card was put together and then the smallest hearts from the Heart to Heart punch were adhered on the card using glue dots. Crystal effects was layered on thick ( to the hearts), and then coated with glitter. Once it was dry, a second thick layer of Crystal effects was added on to make it look like a twinkly, sparkly button.