I had so much fun playing with my Daisy #2 Big Shot die the other day, that I decided to pull it out again and make another card with it. This time though, rather than layering daisies of the same size, I layered the different-sized daisies on on top of the other, to create a bit of a different effect. Here’s how I made the card:
- Start with a 5 1/4″ x 10 1/2″ piece of Textured Riding Hood Red CS. Score and fold it in half so that you end up with a 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ card. Cut a 5″ x 5″ piece of DP from the Bella Rose collection, center and stick it to the card front.
- Using your Big Shot and Daisies #2 die, die cut 1 large daisy, 2 medium daisies and w small daisies out of Pink Pirouette CS. Layer one small, medium and large daisy to create the larger flower, and then layer the small and medium daisy to create the smaller flower. I stuck the daisies together using my 2-way glue pen. Stick a Stampin’ Dimensional to the center back of each daisy. Set aside for a moment.
- Using your Big Shot, die cut the swirly sizzlit decorative strip die out of Kiwi Kiss CS (I used a scrap of textured CS for this). Cut the swirls into several pieces to create your flower stems. Stick the “stems” to the card front using 2-way glue.
- Remove the backing from the Stampin’ Dimensionals, and stick on your flowers as shown.
- Take two Riding Hood Red buttons from the Button Bouquet collection. To create the “thread” in the center, I used a very thin strip of Kiwi Kiss CS, fed it through the holes from the top, trimmed the ends and then held them down using a mini glue dot. I then stuck them to the daisy centers.
- Stamp your greeting onto a scrap of Whisper White CS in Basic Black Classic ink (I used a greeting from the Great Friend stamp set which is due to be released on April 1st in the Occasions Mini Catalogue). Punch your greeting out using the Designer Label punch.
- Stick your punched greeting to the inside of a dotted styled silver Designer Label hardware using mini glue dots. Attach to the card front using 2 silver brads (I pierced my holes with a paper piercer and foam mat). You’re done.
Stamps: Great Friend (Occasions Mini Catalogue)
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Bella Rose DP, Riding Hood Red & Kiwi Kiss Textured CS; Pink Pirouette, Whisper White CS
Accessories: mini glue dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, paper piercer, foam mat, Daisy #2 die, Big Shot, Swirly Sizzlet Decorative Border die, Designer Label punch