I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. What do you think of this picture style with the DP paper in the background? Honest opinions please because if you all (or most of you) tell me you like it, then I’ll keep doing it *lol*. I got the idea for photographing my cards this way from one of my “blogging heroes” Kristina Werner. I’ve been following Kristina’s blog for a few years now and absolutely love her clean stamping style. Awhile back she started photographing her cards using patterned paper in the background. Not only do I personally love how it looks, from a photography perspective I find it a lot easier to get a more accurate color than when photographing against a white background.
You can see a video on how I made the card below:
- Take a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS and sponge the edges using Old Olive Classic ink and a wedge of Stamping Sponge.
- Stamp the swirl from the Baroque Motifs stamp set onto the piece of Whisper White CS in Old Olive Classic ink.
- Stamp the greeting from the Four the Holidays stamp set in the bottom left corner of the Whisper White CS using Basic Black Classic ink and a Stamp-a-ma-jig if necessary.
- Mat the Whisper White CS piece onto a piece of 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ Old Olive CS using Snail adhesive. Set aside for a moment.
- Stamp the ornament from the Delightful Decorations stamp set twice onto a scrap of Whisper White CS in Real Red Classic ink. Make sure you re-ink the stamp in between.
- Punch out one of the ornaments using the Ornament punch. Punch out only the center of the second ornament using the 1″ circle punch.
- Center and stick the 1″ circle to the ornament using two Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch a hole in the top of the ornament using the 1/16″ handheld circle punch. Insert a 6″ piece of silver elastic cord through the hole.
- Holding the cord in your hand, carefully flip the ornament over and place 4 Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back. Do not skimp on the Dimensionals because as you coat the ornament with Crystal Effects in a later step, the ornament will curl downwards looking almost as though it were merging with the Whisper White CS beneath.
- Remove the backings from the Stampin’ Dimensionals and stick the ornament to the stamped Whisper White CS piece.
- Stick the silver elastic cord to the top portion of the Whisper White CS using scotch tape. Trim the ends of the silver cord so that they do not overhang the Whisper White CS.
- Take a 1-3/4″ x 4″ piece of Merry Moments DP and scallop one edge using the Scallop Edge punch.
- Lay a 5-1/2″ piece of 5/8″ Real Red Grosgrain ribbon across the center of the DP. Bring the ends around to the back of the DP and stick down using Snail adhesive.
- Stick the DP to the top of the Whisper White CS piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie an 8″ piece of 5/8″ Real Red Grosgrain ribbon in a knot around the first piece. Trim the ends of the ribbon on an angle.
- Coat the ornament with Crystal Effects – use a foam brush to help spread out the Crystal Effects. Sprinkle on clear chunky glitter. Tap off the excess. You’re done!
Click Here to Order your Stampin’ Up! Products Online 24/7! (Canada Only)
Stamps: Delightful Decorations (116517), Four the Holidays (116921), Baroque Motifs (113490)
Ink: Basic Black Classic ink (101179), Old Olive Classic ink (102277)
Paper: Real Red CS (102482), Whisper White CS (100730), Old Olive CS (100702), Merry Moments DP (115672)
Accessories: Bone Folder (102300), Paper snips (103579), Snail adhesive (104332), 5/8″ Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon(109052), Scallop Edge punch (112091), Silver elastic cord (109866), Crystal Effects (101055), Chunky Sprinkles (111343), foam brush, Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), 1″ circle punch (109046), Ornament punch (116794), Stamping Sponges (101610), 1/16″ handheld circle punch (101227)