Today’s Friday Fun Folds idea orginated with a project I learned from my upline many years ago that’s often been referred to as the Crimped Envelope Card which is created using regular office variety A2 envelopes. In my variation I actually created my own crimped “envelope” pouch using Designer Paper. My “top” was created using one of Stampin’ Up!’s Top Note dies.
As you can see from the picture above it has a tag insert that I’ve created. You could use the tag insert in several ways: you could stick on a gift card using a mini glue dot, you could include a small holiday photo and send it to long-distance loved ones, OR you could simply write in a message and use it as a card.
In the last Friday Fun Folds video I was lamenting over the fact that I always seem to have little bloopers in my videos regardless of how many “retakes” I try. It seems that not only do you guys not mind, but from your feedback, my bloopers give you guys a chuckle. It’s a good thing, because even after about 5 retakes, I still had a couple of bloopers. So here’s a little game for you. Watch today’s video and see if you can catch my bloopers. There are 2 (that I caught anyways). One of them I labelled with an “oops”, but the other one I didn’t. Can you find them? Leave a comment in the comments section but DON’T READ THE OTHER COMMENTS BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOURS when you do okay? because that would be cheating since the comments are all public *lol*. I’ll draw a name on Wednesday and the winner will receive my Christmas Stamp Camp Class by Email free (or planner version if you’re a Stampin’ Up! demo) when it’s released next week.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Take a 6″ x 9″ piece of Holiday Lounge DP and score it at 3 3/4″ and 7 1/2″.
- Rotate the DP 90 degrees and score it at 1″. If the DP has a pattern then make sure that you pay attention to it’s orientation before you start scoring. The first one that I made I ended up scoring it so that the ornaments were upside down *lol*.
- Fold along the crease lines with a bone folder. The 1″ flap that you scored along the bottom of the DP will be divided into three rectangular-shaped sections by the intersecting score lines. Cut out the left and right rectangles (see video for clarification).
- On the remaining bottom 1″ rectangular-shaped flap, round the two corners with a 3/16″ corner rounder punch.
- Lay your DP on the table in front of you so that the largest flap is towards the left, the small 1 1/2″ wide flap is on the right and the 1″ rectangular shaped flap with the rounded corners is at the bottom.
- Fold the large left flap inwards. Place some Snail adhesive on the small right flap and fold that inwards. Place some Snail adhesive on the small 1″ bottom flap and fold that upwards. You’ve now created your “envelope”.
- Rotate the envelope so that the top opening is towards the left and the bottom is towards the right and run it through a paper crimper. You may need to run it through twice.
- Punch a half circle in the front of the envelope using a 1 1/4″ circle punch. Set aside.
- Take a Top Note die cut out of Ruby Red CS using the Big Shot and Stampin’ Up!’s Top Note die. Fold the top note die in half along the long side. Punch a hole in each bottom corner (see video) with a 1/16″ handheld circle punch.
- Stamp a greeting on the front (towards the bottom right edge) in Basic Black Classic ink. Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig if necessary.
- Insert a silver brad into each hole that you punched in Step 9.
- Wrap a 16″ piece of Kraft Taffeta ribbon around the folded Top Note die and tie the ribbon in a knot. Trim the ends.
- Take a 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″ piece of Whisper White CS and stamp the reindeer from the Sparkly and Bright stamp set, in Chocolate Chip Classic ink. Color in the nose of the Reindeer with a Ruby Red Stampin’ Write marker.
- Mat the Whisper White CS piece onto a 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Ruby Red CS using Snail adhesive.
- Punch out a tab from a piece of Holiday Lounge DP using the Round Tab punch. Fold the tab in half and center and stick it to the top of the Ruby Red CS tag using Snail adhesive.
- Insert the tag into the DP envelope pouch and then slide it into the Top Note die “top”. You’re done!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Click Here to Order your Stampin’ Up! Products Online 24/7! (Canada Only)
Stamps: Sparkly and Bright (115346), Christmas Greetings (115448)
Ink: Basic Black Classic ink (101179), Chocolate Chip Classic ink (100908), Ruby Red Stampin’ Write Marker (100075)
Paper: Whisper White CS (100730), Ruby Red CS (102023), Holiday Lounge DP (115676)
Accessories: Bone Folder (102300), Paper snips (103579), Snail adhesive (104332), silver brads (104336), 1/16″ handheld circle punch (101227), Kraft Taffeta ribbon (109068), Big Shot (113439), Stampin’ Up! Top Note die (113463), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), paper cutter (104152), Cutting & Scoring Blade refills (104154), 3/16″ corner round punch (109047), 1 1/4″ circle punch (104401), paper crimper (101618)