Whew! I thought I’d never get today’s post up! It’s funny you know, even though I make my cards for my blog posts 2 weeks in advance, it’s still not a guarantee that I’ll manage to get my post up. Friday was a case in point. I spent the entire day running around – with appointments, errands and kid’s activities, that by the time supper was over and the kitchen was clean, the only thing I could think of was bed. The rest of the weekend pretty much followed along the same course. Saturday, we spent the entire day at soccer tournaments, and Sunday? Well, I spent a good part of the day and well into the wee hours of the morning working on a fantastic new mini scrapbook album which I’ll be releasing later this week. It’s just so stinkin’ cute I can’t wait to show you all!
Today’s card is a clean and simple card, which I absolutely LOVE. I don’t often make get well cards, but as soon as I saw that greeting from one of my new favourite stamp sets (Word Play), I just knew I had to make a card with it. The little bird from the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set made the perfect accompanying image. The funny thing is that I haven’t used that stamp for at least 2 years now. It was one of those sets that I absolutely loved when I first purchased it, and then used it for all sorts of projects. After that, it kind of lost it’s appeal and felt a bit “been there, done that”. It’s amazing how pairing it up with a new set can make it feel fresh and fun again.
Here’s how I made the card:
- Dry emboss the front of a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Crumb Cake CS card using the Big Shot and the Polka Dot embossing folder.
- Create a scalloped border on a 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Basic Black CS using the Scallop Edge border punch.
- Pierce a hole in the center of each scallop with a paper-piercing tool and foam mat.
- Mat a 2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Poppy Parade DP onto the scalloped black CS piece.
- Stick the matted DP to the card front with SNAIL adhesive so that it is about 1/2″ away from the left edge of the card.
- Round the top and bottom right corners of a 2″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS with a 1/2″ corner rounder punch.
- Stamp the greeting and the image onto the Whisper White CS piece with Black Staz On ink.
- Color in the image with a blender pen and the following Classic ink colors: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.
- Stick the Whisper White CS piece to the card front with with Stampin’ Dimensionals about a 1/2″ up from the bottom edge of the card. Make sure that the right edge of the CS is aligned with the right edge of the Poppy Parade DP.
- Faux thread two buttons with coordinating slivers of CS and stick them to the card with mini glue dots. You’re done!
I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
All products are Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Word Play, Fun and Fast Notes
Ink: Jet Black Staz On, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade Classic inks
Paper: Whisper White CS, Crumb Cake CS, Basic Black CS, Poppy Parade CS, Daffodil Delight CS, Brights Designer Series Paper Pack
Accessories: SNAIL adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, mini glue dots, Brights Designer Buttons, blender pen, stamp-a-ma-jig
Check out our current and upcoming Classes:
Discover your creativity with the “Artist in You” Online Class. Featuring 20 lessons/tasks/inspiration based around four core themes, this online class will help you take your creativity to the next level. For more details and to register, click HERE.
Date: Sept. 1st – 30th
Early Bird Price: $49.95
Bright colors, bold patterns & a vintage texture create an eye-catching combination that is sure to elicit a “wow” from everyone who sees it. In the Greenhouse Gala Class your customers will create these four gorgeous cards along with a coordinating window card box to gift them in. To purchase the class planner version for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators please click HERE. For the Stamp Class by Email click HERE. You can find more great class planners at thethe Demo to Demo store.
Not sure how to run a workshop, needing a boost or just running out of time? With the Artistic Etchings workshop planner, we take all the tears and fears out of workshop’s for you. To purchase the workshop planner please click HERE. You can find more great workshop planners at thethe Demo to Demo store.