Whew! I thought I’d never get today’s post up! It’s funny you know, even though I make my cards for my blog posts 2 weeks in advance, it’s still not a guarantee that I’ll manage to get my post up. Friday was a case in point. I spent the entire day running around – with appointments, errands and kid’s activities, that by the time supper was over and the kitchen was clean, the only thing I could think of was bed. The rest of the weekend pretty much followed along the same course. Saturday, we spent the entire day at soccer tournaments.
Today’s card is a clean and simple card, which I absolutely LOVE. I don’t often make get well cards, but as soon as I saw that greeting from one of my new favourite stamp sets (Word Play), I just knew I had to make a card with it. The little bird from the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set made the perfect accompanying image. The funny thing is that I haven’t used that stamp for at least 2 years now. It was one of those sets that I absolutely loved when I first purchased it, and then used it for all sorts of projects. After that, it kind of lost it’s appeal and felt a bit “been there, done that”. It’s amazing how pairing it up with a new set can make it feel fresh and fun again.
Here’s how I made the card:
- Dry emboss the front of a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Crumb Cake CS card using the Big Shot and the Polka Dot embossing folder.
- Create a scalloped border on a 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Basic Black CS using the Scallop Edge border punch.
- Pierce a hole in the center of each scallop with a paper-piercing tool and foam mat.
- Mat a 2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Poppy Parade DP onto the scalloped black CS piece.
- Stick the matted DP to the card front with SNAIL adhesive so that it is about 1/2″ away from the left edge of the card.
- Round the top and bottom right corners of a 2″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS with a 1/2″ corner rounder punch.
- Stamp the greeting and the image onto the Whisper White CS piece with Black Staz On ink.
- Color in the image with a blender pen and the following Classic ink colors: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade.
- Stick the Whisper White CS piece to the card front with with Stampin’ Dimensionals about a 1/2″ up from the bottom edge of the card. Make sure that the right edge of the CS is aligned with the right edge of the Poppy Parade DP.
- Faux thread two buttons with coordinating slivers of CS and stick them to the card with mini glue dots. You’re done!
I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
All products are Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Word Play, Fun and Fast Notes
Ink: Jet Black Staz On, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade Classic inks
Paper: Whisper White CS, Crumb Cake CS, Basic Black CS, Poppy Parade CS, Daffodil Delight CS, Brights Designer Series Paper Pack
Accessories: SNAIL adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, mini glue dots, Brights Designer Buttons, blender pen, stamp-a-ma-jig