Select Page

Typically for Stamper’s Clubs I create 2 cards and a 3D item.  This month I decided to do 3 cards instead. If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll probably have noticed by now that in general I use a lot of cheerful colors in the Rich Regals and Soft Subtles families.  In particular I love Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst and Rose Red. You’ll also have probably noticed that overall my cards tend to be fairly simple – not a lot of layers.  Well this month, I decided to step out of my comfort zone.  All three cards are based around a set that is fast becoming one of my favourites in the new catalogue:  the Baroque Motifs set. I also used some of the new designer papers and “in colors”.  For embellishments, I dipped into my *precious* Pretties kit. The card shown below was the first one that I created.

 Asian Baroque

The card base is River Rock cardstock.  Using River Rock classic ink, I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in the top left corner and bottom right corner of the card front. The strip of designer paper comes from the Brocade Backgrounds collection, and was matted onto chocolate chip.  I tied River Rock stitched ribbon around it using a “faux” knot.  On very vanilla cardstock I stamped the main image from the Artfully Asian stamp set in Timber Brown Staz On ink.  I colored in the flowers using a blender pen and Bravo Burgundy (using a very light touch which is why the flowers are fairly pale), Old Olive and chocolate chip.  I stamped “thank you” in chocolate chip ink from the Short & Sweet stamp set.  The edges were sponged in River Rock and then the corners punched using the ticket corner punch.  Finally I matted it onto Chocolate Chip cardstock (with the corners also punched) and mounted it to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.  As a final touch I added two cream half back pearls to the top right corner. Because the pearls added some dimension to the front, I felt like the rest of the image was too flat, so I re-stamped the main image on a scrap of Vanilla, colored the flowers in, then cut out 4 out of the 5 flowers and mounted them on an itty bitty piece of dimensional.

Pomegranate Motifs

This next card I created (shown above) also uses River Rock cardstock.  I started by stamping the flourish in River Rock ink. Then, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I slightly offset the flourish and stamped it in Old Olive.  This creates the look of a shadow, and serves to give the impression of depth.  I stamped the smaller flower a few times in Purely Pomegranate ink, then stamped the larger flower in the Pomegranate onto Vanilla cardstock and cut them out, leaving a small border.  I used gold brads for the center of each.  The top two were mounted using mini glue dots and the bottom one was mounted on a double dimensional.  The ribbon is the new olive 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon.  The greeting was stamped on a small rectangular piece of vanilla cardstock in chocolate chip ink, and once again I used the ticket corner punch.  I stamped the smaller flower a couple of times in River Rock ink.  The image was matted onto a piece of chocolate chip cardstock (with the corners punched) and a couple of gold brads were added. The greeting was then mounted using dimensionals. Both the River Rock and the Old Olive cardstock mats were also punched using the ticket corner punch. As a finishing touch I paper pierced around the edge of the River Rock cardstock mat.  The card base is chocolate chip cardstock.

After a couple of fairly “earthy”-looking cards, I decided to carry on with the River Rock theme, but brighten it up using the Groovy Guava cardstock.  I came across this layout in the SCS gallery (see the card HERE), and decided to run with it and see what I could come up with.  The final result is shown below.

Guava Motifs

I love the way this card turned out.  The front panel is from the Groovy Guava Designer paper.  On it, I randomly stamped the small flower from Baroque Motifs in White craft ink. I matted it on River Rock cardstock, then created a scalloped strip using Vellum cardstock and the slit punch.  I adhered it to the front using mini glue dots, then covered it with a piece of the River Rock stitched ribbon – again doing a “faux” knot.  The flower was created in two steps.  Firstly, I stamped the Baroque twice in River Rock ink onto white cardstock.  I cut out the center image from each “face” of the square.  These were then offset and attached.  The flower was stamped in groovy guava ink and cut out, then mounted onto the river rock base.  The center is one of the medium sized clear rhinestone brads from the Pretties kit.  The whole flower was then mounted using dimensionals.  The greeting again comes from Short & Sweet.  This time it was stamped in black onto white cardstock.  The small flower was stamped a couple of times in River Rock ink.  I punched it out using the small oval punch and matted it onto an oval piece of river rock cardstock which I had punched using the large oval punch.  I mounted it to the mat with a silver brad on either side.  The background of the card is also Groovy Guava.  I stamped the large flower in Groovy Guava on the card front, then the smaller flower in VersaMark ink.  The main image is mounted using Stampin’ Dimensionals.  All supplies for all projects are Stampin’ Up! 

Pin It on Pinterest