Wow, all I can say is that I am glad to be back! I missed my stamps and tools. I had brought some stuff with me, but it always seems that no matter how much I pack, I end up desperately needing everything that I did not bring! Now my card today is sort of a trying to find my mojo card. Whenever I don’t stamp in awhile, I need to build myself back up again. For those of you who are missing the punch art, have no fear, I will have it again, I just need to figure out my next few ideas lol. The other thing that I noticed is that my videos are having an issue playing on You Tube. If you are having problems, then I apologize, I have not figured out what is wrong yet. Ok, well enough yacking and on to the card.
I wanted to create something with a bit of a Vintage feel. I have a few of the new goodies from the Occasions mini as well as the Sale-a-bration. The technique I did is watercolouring with reinkers. The style of watercolouring is definitely looser in this card, and there is a bit of a pointillism look to the shading. The videos today will show how the watercolouring was done, as well as how to form the flowers.
- Stamp your matryoshka image on to SU watercolour paper using your Jet Black Staz-On ink.
- Colour in using the directions in the videos.
- Die cut your leaves from Kiwi Kiss CS or Old Olive CS and the flowers from Very Vanilla CS, set them aside
- Cut out your Very Vanilla CS mat and sponge the edges with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa Classic ink. Stick your cut out and coloured matyoshka to the mat using your Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add your shading as shown in Video 2.
- Mat the Very Vanilla CS on to the Chocolate Chip CS (it is 1/8″ bigger)
- Mat it again onto the Very Vanilla CS which was scalloped on the top and bottom with the Scallop Trim border punch.
- Take your Close to Cocoa card base and sponge it with a touch of Close to Cocoa. Take your three pieces of Sweet Pea designer paper (1 1/2″ x 4″ ) and distress the edges using your distressing tool, then sponge the edges with Creamy Caramel and a wedge of Stampin Sponge. Stick them on to the Close to Cocoa card base.
- Take a piece of Real Red satin ribbon (5 1/2″ long) and fish tail the end. Glue it down with 3 glue dots. Stick the matted image down using Stampin’ Dimensionals. With your Tombow multi purpose adhesive, stick down your flowerw and leaves which have been sponged with Regal Rose Classic ink (for flowers) and Old Olive (for leaves). Add rhinestones to the center of the flowers.
- you are done.
Stamps: My Matryoshka (115213)
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic ink (102128), Creamy Caramel (103220), Close to Cocoa (103139), Regal Rose (105211), Melon Mambo (115656), Old Olive (102277), Kiwi Kiss, Black Stampin’ Write marker (100082)
Paper: Kraft CS (107070), Chocolate Chip CS (102128), Very Vanilla CS (101650), Close to Cocoa CS (101341), Old Olive CS (100702), Sweet Pea DP (117161), SU watercolour paper (105019)
Accessories: Bone folder (102300), Scallop Trim Border punch (118402 – this is currently a Sale-a-Bration item which you can receive free when you place an order of $65 CAN worth of Stampin’ Up! product), Stampin’ Up! Little Leaves (114511), Big Shot (113439), mini glue dots (103683), Stampin’ Up! Floral Fusion (115969), Snail adhesive (104332), Eggcellent Eggs Kit (117179), Real Red Satin ribbon (117286), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Aqua Painter (103954), Tombow Multi purpose adhesive (110755), Cutter Kit (106958)