This week I decided to do something decidedly winterish for my project. The project itself is not yet made into an item, but it is intended to go towards re-decorating my daughters binder with a winter theme. As soon as she brings it home, I will redo it and post it. Anyhow, this week I decided on some naughty little snowmen. I love adding expression by changing the position of the eyes and hands and in the way the body is held. It was really hard to do the video because there are so many variations and expressions that I would have loved to show you, unfortunately with only ten minutes to a video, it becomes really hard to show much. I hate being rushed, but oh well, what can you do? So the standing snowman is holding and throwing snowballs, and his victim is laying on the ground with the offending snowball on his head. The third snowman is designed to go to the side and is showing shock over the whole affair.
- Decide on the layout or scene that you want to project with your snowmen, and create them in the correct positions. The hat was created with a circle punch the same size as the snowman’s head and a 1/2″ circle punch for the pom-pom.
- Next hand rip or cut the snow banks from Whisper White CS, sponge lightly with Tempting Turqoise ink.
- Take your blue CS ( I used Soft Sky) and sponge the edges with Tempting Turqoise ink.
- Glue down by applying glue to the bottom of the banks only. This will allow you to lift the top portion to tuck the snowmen into.
- Add stamped and cut trees to the BG with the trunks tucked into the snow bank. Glue the snowmen down, add highlights with the Signo White gel pen and hand draw snowflakes.
- Add Snowballs with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then add glitter with your 2-way glue pen. Glitter was added to the snowballs and snowbanks.
Click Here to Order your Stampin’ Up! Products Online 24/7! (Canada Only)
Stamps: Patterned Pines (mini catalogue hostess level 1)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy (105214), Tempting Turqoise (100814), Chocolate Chip (100908), Old Olive (102277)
Paper: Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Close to Cocoa (101341), Basic Black (102851), Dusty Durango (115321), Soft Sky (retired)
Accessories: Paper snips (103579), Snail adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), 1 3/4? Circle punch (112004), 1 3/8″ circle punch (104401), 1 1/4″ circle punch (104403), 1/2″ circle punch (104390), Jumbo Snowflake punch (116628), My Way punch (110709), 1/8? hole punch, standard hole punch, tweezers, 2-way Glue pen (100425), Dazzling Diamonds (102023), Sponge Daubers (102892)