I’m on a roll with birthday cards! Last week I shared with you birthday cards I made for my almost 4 year old son, almost 11 year old son and almost 7 year old daughter. Today I thought I’d share with you a card I made for my almost 12 year old son and my almost 11 year old niece. Today’s card is another example of how you can take a layout and change up the colors to adapt it to whatever occasion you desire.
Above you can see a close up of the details of the card I made for my niece. Whereas below you can see a close up of the details of the card I made for my son.
You can download a pdf handout on how this card was made HERE. The pdf includes full supply list, dimensions and written directions.
You can watch a video on how this card was made below:
- Take a 4 ¼” x 11” piece of Whisper White CS and fold it in half with your bone folder to create a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” card.
- Center and stick a 3 ¾” x 5” piece of Pink Flamingo DP onto the coordinating CS color (a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of either Cameo Coral CS or Tempting Turquoise CS).
- Center and stick the matted DP onto your Whisper White card front.
- Stamp your greeting from the Birthday Bliss stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White CS. Punch it out using your 1 ¼” square punch. Stick a rhinestone to the letter “o” in the “oh my” portion of the greeting. I popped the rhinestones out of my rhinestone brad casing – you could also use the peel and stick rhinestones.
- Punch out two 1 ¼” squares of CS out of the same color of CS as your DP mat and one 1 ¼” square out of a scrap of white CS.
- Stick the squares as shown in the card pictures onto your card front using two Stampin’ Dimensionals per square.
- Clip a silver mini library clip onto the top right colored CS square.
- Thread a white button with a sliver of white CS and stick it onto the bottom right corner of the top colored CS square using a mini glue dot.
- Die cut numbers out of the same color of CS as the CS squares (Tempting Turquoise or Cameo Coral depending on the card you are making) using your Big Shot and the Timeless Type Alphabet Junior. Stick the letters to the bottom right Whisper White CS square using small pieces of Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Thread a colored button from the Playground Designer Button collection with a coordinating sliver of CS and then stick it onto the bottom left colored CS square with a mini glue dot. You’re done!
Stamps: Birthday Bliss (115442)
Ink: Basic Black Classic ink (101179)
Paper: Whisper White CS (100730), Tempting Turquoise CS (102067), Cameo Coral CS (100475), Pink Flamingo DP (113976)
Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Snail adhesive (104332), mini glue dots (103683), Big Shot (113439), bone folder (102300), Playground Designer Buttons (116313), mini library clips (109857), clear rhinestone brads (113144), Circle Ice rhinestone brads (109111), Stampin’ Up! Timeless Type Alphabet Junior (115951), 1 ¼” square punch (104400)