With Christmas just around the corner, I thought I’d share with you a small gift idea that can be used as a stocking stuffer, a gift for a friend, teacher, co-worker etc. It is a set of three scalloped note cards created using Stampin’ Up!’s scalloped square die. The colors of the cards were based on the colors of the felt flowers in the Flower Fusion collection. I just love the bright, bold colors! The design is very simple making these cards very easy to mass produce. I packaged them in a very simple, yet practical manner. Each card is packaged in one of Stampin’ Up!’s clear envelopes – BUT – and here’s what I loved about this – the envelopes are NOT stuck to the cardstock topper – I fastened them together in such a way that they can still be used as envelopes to package the note cards in. To see what I mean you’ll need to watch the video below:
- Die cut three scalloped squares out of Pink Passion, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie CS using the Scalloped Square die and the Big Shot.
- Punch a hole in the center of each scallop using a 1/16″ handheld circle punch. Set aside for a moment.
- Take three 3 3/4″ x 7 1/2″ pieces of Whisper White CS and fold them in half using your bone folder to create a 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ note card.
- Stamp a greeting in Basic Black Classic ink in the bottom left corner of each card (make sure the fold is positioned at the top). Center and stick one Whisper White note card to each scalloped square.
- Die cut three flowers – 1 each Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Pink Passion – using the Bigz XL Flower Folds die. Layer a medium or large flower fusion felt flower and a small felt flower in the center of each of the CS flowers. Pierce a hole through the center of the CS flower with a paper-piercing tool and foam mat. Insert a coordinating rhinestone brad from the fire circles collection into the center of each flower. Set aside for a moment.
- Layer a small felt flower onto a medium or large felt flower and insert a rhinestone brad through the center.
- Stick both sets of flowers to the card front using a mini glue dot.
- Place each note card into a clear transluscent envelope.
- Take a 5″ x 5″ piece of Pink Passion CS. Fold it in half using your bone folder. Round the bottom corners using a 3/16″ corner rounder punch.
- Hold the three envelopes with note cards together (one on top of the other). Fold the CS topper over the tops of the envelopes. Hold it in place as you pierce a hole through all the layers (centered about 1/2″ up from the bottom edge of the CS topper). Insert a flower brad into the hole you pierced and open up the prongs on the back.
- Tie a 16″ piece of 1 1/4″ striped Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain ribbon around the cardstock topper. You’re done!
Click Here to Order your Stampin’ Up! Products Online 24/7! (Canada Only)
Stamps: Thank You Kindly (111700)
Ink: Basic Black Classic ink (101179)
Paper: Whisper White CS (101730), Pink Passion CS (102762), Old Olive CS (100702), Pumpkin Pie CS (105117)
Accessories: Bone Folder (102300), Paper snips (103579), Snail adhesive (104332), mini glue dots (103683), paper-piercing tool (116631), mat pack (105826), Big Shot (113439), Stampin’ Up! Scallop Square die (115950), Stampin’ Up! Flower Folds die (115970), 1/16″ handheld circle punch (101227), 1 1/4″ Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115616), Circle Fire rhinestone brads (109110), Flower Assortment Designer Brads (112583)