Stampin' Up! Stitched Exotics Card

I know, I know, this is definately NOT one of my better cards!  I’m currently suffering from "rubber stamping withdrawal syndrome", as my stamp room has been buried in boxes for the past week!  I managed to unearth a tiny little corner so that I could quickly stamp something before I went into shock – LOL!  However, as always happens to me when I haven’t stamped for more than a week, I have a really hard time getting my "creative juices" flowing.  Not to mention the fact that I’m so tired from packing (see below) that I think I’m seeing cross-eyed.  As a result, I only have a "dud" to share with you today.

You’ve probaby been wondering if I fell off of the face of the earth, so I wanted to assure you yes I’m still here, although the way I feel right now, I’d probably qualify it with "just barely"!  Since we bought a house the weekend before last, we are now under the gun to get our own house ready to put up on the real estate market for sale.  So, for the last two weeks, in between with dealing with a crabby baby who himself was under the weather, we’ve been stripping wallpaper, patching, sanding, and packing, packing and more packing.  For any of you that have sold a house before, I’m sure you know the drill:  even though you are busting at the seams because your house is too small for your family, you can’t LOOK to prospective buyers like you are busting at the seams.  So, I’ve been on a mission to de-clutter and organize as much as possible, especially because the painter is coming tomorrow bright and early and has to be able to actually move around!

This card uses another one of the sets I just got with my Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration rewards – the Stitched Exotics set.  I was playing around with color combinations and tried out the Soft Sky, Bayou Blue, Groovy Guava and Kraft.  The card is fairly straight foward.  The only "different" thing that I did was experimented with my flower.  I stamped the flower in Groovy Guava, added a circle rhinestone brad and mounted it on dimensionals.  Once it was mounted, I added crystal effects all over the petals to give it dimension and gloss, and then I picked up a small pinch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter and sprinkled it on by hand.  I added the glitter this way because I didn’t want too much – with the amount of crystal effects I had on the petals if I had liberally coated it, it would have overwhelmed the flower.