As I was playing around designing some gift tags, I thought it would be adorable to create a little gift tag pouch using Stampin’ Up!’s small cello bags, and their Wintergreen designer paper.
- Paper: Always Artichoke mat cut at 3 1/3″ x 7 1/8″; Wintergreen DP cut at 1 3/8″ x 3 1/8″; Whisper White, Silver & Wintergreen DP scraps
- Stamps: MerrY & Bright, All About Occasions hostess set (or other stamp that has to: and from: on it)
- Ink: Always Artichoke class ink, Chocolate chip Stampin’ Write Marker
- Punches: 1 1/4″ circle, 1 3/8″ circle, scallop circle, 1/8″ handheld circle, 1/16″ handheld circle , corner rounder punch
- Other tools & accesories: Artichoke 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon (11″ piece), Paper Trimmer with scoring blade, bone folder, sticky strip, silver elastic cord (5″ piece per tag), small cello bag
Step 1: Score your Always Artichoke cs at 5 1/4″ and 5 1/2″. Fold along the score lines using your bone folder.
Step 2: Create a scallop border using your corner rounder punch
Step 3: Create a scallop border on the Wintergreen DP strip, then mount to the flap of the gift tag pouch as shown.
Step 4: Line the small cello pouch with sticky strip as shown, remove the backing then mount to the base of the Always Artichoke CS.
Step 5: Using a 1/8″ handheld circle punch, punch a hole on each side of the pouch through the cello bag. Take an 11″ strip of ribbon and bring it through the holes from the underside of the cardstock piece. Add a velcro closure.
Step 6: Take a scrap of white cardstock, ink up your images in Always Artichoke ink. Stamp off twice onto scrap paper, then stamp onto the white cardstock. This will give a much lighter impression, so it won’t overwhelm the tag.
Step 7: Punch out the images using a 1 1/4″ circle punch. Using your stamp-a-ma-jig and a chocolate chip marker, stamp the to: / from: onto each tag.
Step 8: Mat your image onto a silver cardstock circle (cut out with the 1 3/8″ circle punch), then mount that onto a scalloped circle that has been cut out of your Wintergreen scraps.
Step 9: Your finished product: